Are pets allowed?
While we love animals, out of respect for all guests they, unfortunately, cannot tag along. Sorry Fido.
Will I be able to live post photos, or call my grandma to tell her what an awesome time I’m having?
Being a rustic setting, there is no wifi in the cabins or throughout the camp property. Cell phone service is also minimal and typically non-existent for AT&T carriers. A landline phone is available at the camp office.
What should I pack?
- Toiletries, including shampoo, conditioner + soap
- Hair Dryer (if desired)
- Bath towel(s)
- Layers - it gets cold at night
- Hiking boots
- Flashlight / head lamp
- Charcoal, if you plan to cook
- Snacks & drinks if you want
How do I get to Morningside Camps?
Morningside Camp is nestled in the southern part of the Adirondacks, about 35min from Lake George.
Address: 67 LONGS HILL ROAD, OLMSTEDVILLE, NY 12857
DRIVING: Take I-87 to Exit 26 (Pottersville). Follow signs to Minerva. Go 6.4 miles to Olmstedville, turn right at 4-way stop and proceed 2.3 miles to Morningside.
FLYING: Fly into Albany International Airport (ALB). Morningside Camp is an hour and 30 minute drive from the Airport.
I have more questions. How can I contact you?
Please email email@example.com. We'd love to hear from you!
Wilderness Field Notes FAQ
What is included in the Wilderness Field Notes retreat weekend?
Spend the whole weekend immersed in the woods and enjoying one of Morningside Camp's beautiful cabins. Ticket includes:
- A three-day, two-nights stay in one of Morningside Camps handcrafted, log cabins. Private and shared accommodations available on the Reserve page.
- Access to the Morningside Camps property, including Lake Minerva and surrounding trails, as well as unlimited access to kayaks and rowboats.
- Access to all workshops, including natural dyeing, archery, meditation, survival skills, fishing and more.
- Seven meals - Breakfast, lunch and dinner on Friday & Saturday + Sunday breakfast before you leave.
- Beer & wine (evenings only).
What’s the difference between shared and private accommodations?
The layout of each Morningside cabin is unique and lots of thought goes into placing guests. While we’ll always do our best to fulfill specific accommodation requests, purchase of a private ticket is the best way to guarantee placement.
- Purchase of a private ticket guarantees placement in a private room in a shared cabin. Private rooms can sleep up to 4 people.
- Purchase of a shared ticket provides a bed in a shared cabin. Rooms may be shared with up to 4 other guests.
Where do your instructors come from?
All instructors are carefully selected and experts in their fields. Each brings a unique skill to offer a diverse selection of workshops to explore.
Do I need wilderness, scout or other previous survival training?
Wilderness Field Notes is about learning the ways of the woods and getting in touch with nature. There are no woodsman skills required, though they are certainly welcomed.
What amenities do the Morningside cabins offer?
- Each cabin has electric heat, range, refrigerator, microwave, bathroom with tub/shower, and outdoor grill.
- Each cabin has cooking utensils, dishes and cutlery, plus cleaning supplies for light housekeeping.
- Sheets and blankets are provided. Please bring your own towels.
- Each camp has a screened porch or deck overlooking the lake. The lake can be viewed from all camps.
- Each log camp has a stone fireplace and each chalet has a fireplace or an airtight wood stove with glass doors for viewing fire. Firewood is provided.
- Each camp has one boat or canoe provided. Kayaks are available on a shared basis. There are life jackets for all ages.
Are kids allowed?
Due to the nature of the retreat, activities and inclusion of alcohol, all attendees must be 21 years of age or older.
Can I arrive early? Stay late?
Cabin check in time is 3pm. Check out time is 1pm. Please contact us via email if you wish to extend your stay - additional fees apply.
I'm coming with a large group, can we stay together?
The more the merrier! If purchasing a private ticket, make note of the other guests in your group and we will place you in the same room or cabin, depending on specific needs. If purchasing a shared ticket, also let us know others in your group and, though not guaranteed, we will do our best to place you in the same cabin.
I'm coming solo, how should I book?
Well, you're in excellent company! Decide whether you would prefer a shared space or private room. There are a number of accommodations to choose from on the Reserve page.
What food & drinks can I expect?
No retreat would be complete without coming together to share meals, featuring culinary creations from skilled chefs and wholesome fare. Toast and keep toasty with local brews and spirits.
What if I have a food allergy or dietary requirement?
Please notify us via email of any specific food allergies or dietary requirements. We will do our best to accommodate all restrictions.
Is my ticket refundable?
If you wish to cancel your retreat booking you must notify The Billycan via email. Once we’ve received your notice, cancellation will take effect subject to the following: If cancellation takes place more than 30 days prior to the first day of the Retreat, 50% of your face value ticket price will be deducted and the remaining 50% will be refunded, minus transaction fees. If cancellation takes place less than 30 days prior to the first day of the Retreat, you shall not be entitled to any refund of monies advanced and if the face value of the ticket has not been paid in full, you shall still bear the responsibility of such payment. For more information visit our Terms & Conditions.